Thank you for considering to donate to the Oranjezicht City Farm. All donations will be gladly accepted. Please view the information below to learn more about the needs of the Farm and all the different ways you can contribute.
Oranjezicht City Farm is a voluntary non-profit organisation, however there are numerous costs that are incurred in running an initiative such as this. We have great plans for our community and need your assistance in achieving these. We especially appeal to those people who are unable to donate their time to consider making a financial donation. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions regarding donations or funding.
OZCF, as a project of the SA Urban Food & Farming Trust (Registered Trust IT20812/2014, PBO 930052666), has Section 18a status and can issue certificates to help reduce income tax liabilities for donors. Please contact us if this is of interest.
Donations can be made into the following account
Bank: First National Bank
Branch code: 201511
Account number: 62526770624
Name of account: South African Urban Food and Farming Trust
Ref: Surname, donation
There are many things we need to make a project like the Oranjezicht City Farm flourish, from sun and rain to money and sweat and much, much more (including your kitchen waste). Below is a short list of the things (besides money and sweat) at the top of our short list that we would like to have donated to the effort. Can you help with any of these? Please let us know by contacting email@example.com.
- A trailer
- Garden tools: spades, forks, etc.
- Bursaries for educational programmes
- Funding for an education coordinator
- Bicycle parking racks
- Communal picnic table
- 2 x Bullitt cargo bicycles
- Construction of
- Educational amphitheatre in the Sidmouth embankment
- 2 x 10000l water storage tanks
- A seedling house and workroom
- Fencing and gates along the school boundary and at Sidmouth
We were asked to list the Top 3 Things that we need next.
Here they are:
- We need to develop the skills of our farm workers, with some practical, hands-on experience for our team at places like Babylonstoren, Solms Delta, Berg en Dal, etc
- Our educational programme has been developed, and we can see the benefits of links with schools and other groups on issues of environment, food, waste, water and energy, to extend our impact. Help us raise our game to the next level.
- We dream of improved infrastructure on the farm such as electricity and storage to support more activities as a site for community gatherings.
And if you have ideas of your own for what might be useful, don’t hesitate to make a suggestion.
There are other ways to get involved as well. Be sure to check out our volunteer page.