Thank you for considering to donate to the Oranjezicht City Farm. All donations will be gladly accepted. Please view the Call for Support booklet to learn more about the needs of the Farm and all the different ways you can contribute.
Oranjezicht City Farm is a voluntary non-profit organisation, however there are numerous costs that are incurred in setting up and running an initiative such as this. We have great plans for our community and need your assistance in achieving these. We especially appeal to those people who are unable to donate their time to consider making a financial donation. Please contact email@example.com should you have any questions regarding donations or funding.
Donations can be made into the following account
Bank: First National Bank
Branch code: 201511
Account number: 62 390 59 3393
Name of account: Oranjezicht City Farm
Ref: Surname, donation
Buy a T-shirt
Hot off the presses with the winning slogan. Buy a shirt, raise money for OZCF, and dazzle everyone with your style. Learn more.
There are many things we need to make a project like the Oranjezicht City Farm flourish, from sun and rain to money and sweat and much, much more (including your kitchen waste). Below is a short list of the things (besides money and sweat) at the top of our short list that we would like to have donated to the effort. Can you help with any of these? Please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A bakkie or similar
- A trailer
- Garden tools: spades, forks, etc.
- Bursaries for educational programmes
- Funding for an education coordinator
- Bicycle parking racks
- Communal picnic table
- 2 x Bullitt cargo bicycles
- Construction of
- Educational amphitheatre in the Sidmouth embankment
- 2 x 10000l water storage tanks
- A seedling house and workroom
- Fencing and gates along the school boundary and at Sidmouth
We were asked to list the Top 5 Things that we need next.
Here they are:
- We need to develop the skills of our farm workers, with some practical, hands-on experience for our team at places like Babylonstoren, Solms Delta, Berg en Dal, etc
- The initial sketches of an OZCF educational programme have been developed, and we can see the benefits of links with schools and other groups on issues of environment, food, waste, water and energy, to extend our impact.
- We dream of a heritage museum/cookery school in the old barn (c1790) adjacent to the farm and need partners to work with as we engage with the City and other stakeholders on unlocking this possibility.
- A heritage master plan is needed for the Farm and the surrounding precinct (fresh water springs, St Cyps, Stepping Stones Montessori School) that will guide future changes and growth in a sensible way and we have begun discussions with the City in this regard.
- We need to develop the Farm Market Day (held every Saturday) with respect to own product development that promotes the planting and cooking of indigenous foods and seeing the range of marvelous things that can be made with lekker local kos.
And if you have ideas of your own for what might be useful, don’t hesitate to make a suggestion.
There are other ways to get involved as well. Be sure to check out our volunteer page.